1. Don’t neglect what’s important—your health, your relationships—just to get rich. It’s not worth it.
Proverbs 23:4,5—“Do not wear yourself out to get rich; do not trust your own cleverness. Cast but a glance at riches and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.”
2. Be gracious and generous with your money—others may need it more than you do.
Luke 6:30—“Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.”
3. Tithing is important, and God promises to bless you for it.
Malachi 3:10—“‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room for enough to store it.’”
4. Don’t get into debt.
Romans 13:8—“Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.”
5. Don’t charge interest on loans of money.
Exodus 22:25—“If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not treat it like a business deal; charge no interest.”
6. Hard work and diligence attract riches.
Proverbs 10:4—“Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.”
7. Get-rich-quick schemes don’t work; wealth accumulates over time.
Proverbs 13:11—“Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.”
8. Calculate your future expenses carefully; don’t live outside your means.
Luke 14:28-30—“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it? For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, saying ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.’”
9. Give your best to God and carefully use and invest your money so that it glorifies God.
Proverbs 3:9—“Honour the Lord with your wealth, with the first-fruits of all your crops.”
10. Hoarding wealth will lead to your downfall.
James 5:1-6—“Now listen you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.”