Did you know that the Bible mentions the number seven, and variants like seventh and sevenfold, 680 times? Here are 10 prominent mentions of the number seven throughout the Bible.
1.How many days of Creation are there? Seven! All leading to the seventh day, which God designated as a special day of rest for all (Genesis 1).
2. God designed the rainbow with seven colours, symbolising His promise to never destroy the earth by flood again (Genesis 9:13)
3.Speaking of the flood, there were seven pairs of every clean animal loaded onto the ark by Noah (Genesis 7:2).
4. Pharoah had a dream which Joseph interpreted as seven years of plenty, followed by seven years of famine (Genesis 41).
5. Jacob’s seventh son was named Gad, which means “good fortune” (Genesis 46:16).
6. To bring down the walls of Jericho, seven trumpets were played by seven priests for seven days (Joshua 6:8)
7. Jesus fed 4000 people with just seven loaves, which multiplied into seven basketfuls of surplus (Matthew 15:32-37).
8. Mary Magdalene was cured of seven demons (Luke 8:2).
9. The first “deacons” of the church were seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom (Acts 6:3).
10. The Book of Revelation mentions Seven Spirits of God, Seven Churches and Seven Seals.