The latest in lifestyle medicine strategies and research will be presented by a top line-up of speakers at this month’s ELIA Wellness Summit.
In light of COVID-19 restrictions, the summit will be a virtual event to be held from October 15-17.
ELIA Wellness executive director Geraldine Przybylko said the summit is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about lifestyle medicine, is passionate about health and helping the community.
“The third ELIA Wellness Summit will draw on the expertise of researchers and clinicians from Australia, New Zealand, America and the Pacific Islands in presenting a range of cutting-edge lifestyle medicine topics,” Ms Przybylko said.
“We are facing unprecedented times with the COVID-19 pandemic, with many experiencing restrictions, lockdown and fear of contracting the virus. The ELIA Wellness Summit aims to help us re-focus on our mission: to inspire, educate and empower health professionals and advocates to promote whole-person health to their patients and community when they need it most.”
Key speakers and topics include:
- Professor Roger Seheult — Lifestyle medicine for improving immunity during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dr Lillian Kent — The battle against COVID-19: Potential strategies to ameliorate risk, disease severity, hospitalisation and death
- Dr Zeno Charles–Marcel — Is there evidence that spirituality impacts mental health and wellbeing?
- Professor Maurice Curtis — What changes in lifestyle can enhance neuroplasticity?
- Dr Ross Grant — Lifestyle links to cancer
- Dr Daryl Cheng — Spirituality in the workplace
- Dr Sue Radd — What is the best for diabetes?
- Dr Darren Morton — Making it meaningful
- Dr Justin Jackson — A model to understand wellness and disease
- Dr Aldrine Kilua — Pacific food and its impact on gut microbiome and NCDs
“We will also be hearing inspiring stories of how people are sharing our message of health, healing and hope to the community during COVID-19,” Ms Przybylko said.
There will also be a satellite event at Pacific Adventist University, Atoifi Hospital and Maranatha Hall at Solomon Islands Mission.
To book for the online summit, go to https://hopin.com/events/elia-wellness-summit-2021. An early bird rate of $A99 will be available until October 11 and a further subsided rate for those residing in the Pacific. On completing the program, a Continuing Education certificate will be provided.