- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 30
- Serves: 8
- 3/4 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 100 g pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp non-dairy butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup So Good Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C, lightly coat a 20 x 20 cm square pan with cooking oil spray. Place pan on a flat baking tray to catch any drips.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, dates, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Add So Good Almond Milk and stir to combine. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Combine water, brown sugar and margarine for topping in a large heat-proof jug. Stir until margarine is melted, then add So Good. Pour liquid carefully over the surface of the batter—do not stir!
- Bake for 25-30 mins, until centre is firm and edges are bubbling. Stand for 10 minutes before serving warm.
TipsServe with a dollop of low fat dairy-free greek yoghurt and an extra sprinkling of cinnamon if you wish.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 805; Cal 192; Protein (g) 3.0; Fat (g) 3.0; Saturated fat (g) 1.0; Carbohydrate (g) 37; Sugars (g) 18; Fibre (g) 5.0; Sodium (mg) 360; Potassium (mg) 207; Calcium (mg) 90; Iron (mg) 1.0