- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 5
- Serves: 6
- 2 butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250g The Alternative Meat Co. Alternative Mince
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3 shallots, thinly slices diagonally
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup fresh coriander springs, to garnish
- 1 fresh lime, cut into quarters, drizzle to taste
- Place lettuce into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Place in refrigerator until required.
- Combine hoisin and chilli sauce with sesame oil. Set aside as sauce for later.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Fry Alt Meat Co. Alternative Mince lightly for 10-12 minutes, gently stirring regularly until golden brown. Set aside for later.
- In a separate wok or non-stick frying pan, heat oil to medium. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add cooked mince, gently stir to combine. Add carrot and capsicum. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add spring onion and prepared sauce. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain lettuce. Separate leaves and place onto a platter. Fill each with mixture. Top with bean sprouts, fresh chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1444; Cal 345; Protein (g) 18.0; Fat (g) 19.4; Saturated fat (g) 3.3; Carbohydrate (g) 19.5; Sugars (g) 17.3; Sodium (mg) 758.1; Calcium (mg) 53.2; Iron (mg) 2.7