- Preparation time: 15
- Cooking time: 20
- Serves: 6
- 200g punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- olive oil spray
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 220g tub of bocconcini cheese, sliced
- 70g baby rocket
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- Place cherry tomatoes and garlic on an oven tray and lightly spray with olive oil spray. Bake in a hot oven, 200°C for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and shrivelled. Roast garlic for a further 10 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine borlotti beans, bocconcini cheese, rocket and basil.
- Once cooled slightly, add roast tomatoes and any juices. Combine olive oil, vinegar and mashed roasted garlic in a small bowl. Toss dressing through salad and serve immediately.
- If borlotti beans are not available, substitute other tinned legumes, such as cannellini beans or butter beans.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 874; Cal 209; Protein (g) 12; Fat (g) 13; Saturated fat (g) 6.0; Carbohydrate (g) 11; Sugars (g) 1.0; Fibre (g) 4.6; Sodium (mg) 353; Potassium (mg) 310; Calcium (mg) 335; Iron (mg) 1.4.