- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp water to sauté onion
- 1 can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 150ml cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 stock cube
- Add water, onion and garlic to soup pan and sauté until soft.
- Add the lentils and diced tomatoes. Stir frequently while the soup is heating through.
- Remove the soup from the heat and add 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk or milk alternative and crumbled stock cube.
- Stir until well mixed and serve.
1209kJ (289cal). Protein 22g. Fat 3g. Carbohydrate 39g. Sodium 234mg. Potassium 1032mg. Calcium 136mg. Iron 2.8mg. Fibre 13g.