- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 5
- Serves: 6
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 300g tempeh, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced lengthways
- 5cm ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled, halved and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 6cm lengths
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the tempeh, onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the tempeh begins to colour.
- Add the vegetarian oyster sauce, carrots and broccolini. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Serve immediately with steamed brown rice and sprinkle with chopped, toasted cashews.
- Firm tofu can be used instead of tempeh if desired.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1220; Cal 292; Protein (g) 13; Fat (g) 20; Saturated fat (g) 3.0; Carbohydrate (g) 12; Sugars (g) 5.0; Fibre (g) 4.7; Sodium (mg) 522; Potassium (mg) 514; Calcium (mg) 68; Iron (mg) 5.3