- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 5
- Serves: 8 (2 per person)
Ingredients1 tbs oil 2 tsp coriander seeds 2 tps cumin seeds 1 small onion, sliced 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1 tsp paprika 2 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved 2 x 400g cans young jackfruit drained and thinly sliced 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander 8 small tortillas
- Heat frypan and dry fry seeds for a few minutes until flavour is released. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan and saute onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Stir through paprika and cherry tomatoes. Saute for 1 min.
- Fold through jackfruit and simmer mixture for 5 mins stirring continuously to shred the jackfruit.
- Divide mixture between warmed tortillas and topped with avocado, charred corn and lime.
- Fresh jackfruit can be purchased for this recipe but canned jackfruit is easy to use.
- To produce a shredded texture and appearance you can use a potato masher to break up the jackfruit while cooking.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1835; Cal 438; Protein (g) 13; Fat (g) 7.0; Saturated fat (g) 1.0; Carbohydrate (g) 73; Sugars (g) 39; Fibre (g) 13; Sodium (mg) 590; Potassium (mg) 1223; Calcium (mg) 115; Iron (mg) 4.6