- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: 10
- Serves: 4
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 5 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 180g fresh ramen noodles or flat rice noodles
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into flowerets
- 200g japanese tofu, sliced
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 1 sheet nori, roughly broken
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Heat oil in another small saucepan. Add garlic, ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir through stock, miso and soy sauce. Bring mixture to the boil.
- Add noodles, carrot, broccolini and tofu. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy. Divide mixture evenly between four bowls.
- Serve topped with nori and black sesame seeds.
- Ramen is a Japanese clear soup full of colourful vegetables, some protein and noodles.
- Ramen noodles are available in supermarkets.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 932; Cal 222; Protein (g) 14.3; Fat (g) 8.6; Saturated fat (g) 1.4; Carbohydrate (g) 19.4; Sugars (g) 2.8; Fibre (g) 4.7; Sodium (mg) 1273; Potassium (mg) 514; Calcium (mg) 87; Iron (mg) 3.2