- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 small sweet potato, washed and sliced
- 200g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Steam sliced sweet potato in the microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and Spanish onion. Spread the ricotta mixture over four slices of bread.
- Top with baby spinach leaves, warm sweet potato and tomato. Place another slice of bread on top.
- Toast sandwich in a sandwich press for 5 minutes or until golden and warmed through.
1380kJ (330cal). Protein 14g. Fat 7g. Carbohydrate 48g. Sodium 790mg. Potassium 440mg. Calcium 205mg. Iron 3mg. Fibre 8g.