- Preparation time: 20
- Cooking time: 30
- Serves: 4
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 tbs Marmite™
- 2 tbs white or black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs liquid honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach or kale leaves, raw
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup hummus
- ½ small cucumber, peeled, grated, drained
- ½ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Trim the cauliflower and cut into small florets. Spread florets and chickpeas over the baking tray.
- Mix together the Marmite with the sesame seeds, ground cumin, honey and olive oil. Stir well. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Mix in 2 tbs boiling water to help dissolve the mix. Pour mixture over the cauliflower and chickpeas and toss to evenly coat.
- Place tray in oven and cook for 20 minutes until cauliflower is tender and fragrant. Allow to cool slightly.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the yoghurt, hummus, cucumber, mint, lemon and mustard together in a small bowl. Season to taste.
- Assemble the salad, toss together the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas with the spring onions and baby spinach or kale leaves. Serve with dressing on the side.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1710; Cal 407; Protein (g) 18; Fat (g) 24; Saturated fat (g) 5.0; Carbohydrate (g) 32; Sugars (g) 11; Fibre (g) 13; Sodium (mg) 808; Potassium (mg) 1043; Calcium (mg) 385; Iron (mg) 9.9