- Preparation time: 30
- Cooking time: 50
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 medium cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 tsp cumin or caraway seeds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced finely
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 6 cups (1.5l) So Good™ Unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Rinse cauliflower florets and drain well, then place on baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the oven is still hot, spread the ground almonds over another baking tray. Sprinkle with the cumin and caraway seeds. Toast in oven for 8 minutes, stirring half way through. When almonds are golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a large 4-6 litre pot with the second measure of olive oil on a medium heat. Fry the onion, celery, garlic, carrots and parsnips for 5 minutes until tender. Add the mustard powder, roasted cauliflower and the So Good™ Unsweetened Almond Milk and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Add the chopped parsley and stir through.
- Use a stick mixer to lightly blend the soup, leaving some still chunky. Add more milk to thin down if necessary.
- Serve the hot chowder sprinkled with the almond and toasted seed mix. Garnish with croutons and parsley.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1140; Cal 273; Protein (g) 10; Fat (g) 16; Saturated fat (g) 2.0; Carbohydrate (g) 23; Sugars (g) 11; Fibre (g) 11.2; Sodium (mg) 175; Potassium (mg) 967; Calcium (mg) 375; Iron (mg) 1.7