- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: 10
- Serves: 4
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100g haloumi cheese, rinsed and sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ red cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini (or 1 ½ cups broccoli florets)
- 125g baby corn
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce, optional
- 1 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add haloumi cheese and cook for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat extra oil in a large frypan, saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add red cabbage, broccolini, corn and shallots. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Top with cheese and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and lime juice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
- Haloumi cheese is high in salt (sodium), so use in small amounts only to flavour the dish.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 739; Cal 177; Protein (g) 8.0; Fat (g) 10; Saturated fat (g) 4.0; Carbohydrate (g) 10; Sugars (g) 9.0; Fibre (g) 4.0; Sodium (mg) 902; Calcium (mg) 190; Iron (mg) 0.9