- Preparation time: 20
- Cooking time: 15
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup black quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 sheets nori
- ½ small fresh beetroot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ capsicum, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- handful of pea sprouts
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
- Place quinoa, water and vinegar in a saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir well and set aside to become lukewarm.
- Place a sheet of nori shiny side down on sushi mat or bench.
- Spread quinoa over nori leaving 2cm at short end.
- Arrange ¼ of avocado cream, raw vegetables, sprouts in the centre of quinoa.
- Roll up firmly towards the end with 2cm gap. Cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining nori sheets and ingredients.
- Serve with soy sauce. Makes 8 (2 per serve).
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1183; Cal 282; Protein (g) 8.9; Fat (g) 13.8; Saturated fat (g) 2.8; Carbohydrate (g) 27.2; Sugars (g) 3.6; Sodium (mg) 331; Potassium (mg) 633; Calcium (mg) 42; Iron (mg) 3.0.