- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 30
- Serves: 4
- olive oil cooking spray
- 800g baby kent pumpkin, seeded and sliced into wedges (peel if desired)
- 150g snow peas, trimmed and halved lengthways
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a roasting tray with a sheet of baking paper. Place the pumpkin on the tray and spray with oil, bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Place the snow peas in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds, drain immediately and refresh under cold running water. Heat a non stick frying pan over a moderate heat and toast the walnuts for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the baby spinach, roast pumpkin, snow peas and walnuts on serving plates. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Season and drizzle over the salad. Serve immediately.
- Try the dressing used in this recipe on your favourite salads, it’s a simple homemade alternative to bottled dressings.
- A great salad isn’t just about taste, it’s also about texture. Why not experiment with your own favourite salad textures and flavours?
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 810; Cal 194; Protein (g) 6.0; Fat (g) 10; Saturated fat (g) 2.0; Carbohydrate (g) 21; Sugars (g) 15; Sodium (mg) 30; Potassium (mg) 885; Calcium (mg) 95; Iron (mg) 2.0