- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1
- grains (½ cup cooked per bowl)
- brown rice
- protein (1 egg or 1 cup per bowl)
- legumes (e.g. chickpeas, black beans)
- tofu, sliced
- vegetables (2-3 cups per bowl)
- roasted - sweet potato, beetroot
- raw - carrot, zucchini, tomato, snowpeas
- pickled - sauerkraut
- steamed - broccolini, corn
- healthy fat (topping)
- 1/2 small avocado
- Sprinkle of nuts/seeds (e.g. chia seeds, sesame seeds, pinenuts)
- Drizzle of tahini/hummus/olive oil
- To assemble each bowl, place ½ cup of chosen grain in bowl.
- Place protein of choice over grain.
- Arrange a mixture of roasted, raw and pickled vegetables around the bowl.
- Top with avocado and sprinkling of nuts and seeds. Serves 1.
- Nourish bowls allow you to use your imagination, taste buds and what you have in the fridge to create a bowl full of nutrition, colour, texture and yumminess . . . Have a go and have fun!
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 2297; Cal 549; Protein (g) 18.0; Fat (g) 25.2; Saturated fat (g) 5.0; Carbohydrate (g) 55.3; Sugars (g) 11.1; Fibre (g) 14.0; Sodium (mg) 212; Potassium (mg) 1065; Calcium (mg) 170; Iron (mg) 4.0.