- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 60 mins
- Serves: 5
- 1 cup (220 g) mung beans
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp mixed pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- ½ bunch fresh dill (20 g), chopped
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place mung beans in a saucepan and cover with 1 litre of water. Bring to the boil and cook for about 30 minutes until tender. Drain and allow to cool, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, dry toast the nuts/seeds in a pan and allow to cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cooked beans, together with the nuts/seeds, and toss gently with a large spoon. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for several days. Makes 5 cups.
Energy 904 kJ (216 cal). Protein 13 g. Fat 14 g. Saturated fat 2 g. Carbohydrate 7 g. Fibre 9 g. Cholesterol 0 mg. Calcium 77 mg. Iron 3.8 mg. Sodium 261 mg.