- Preparation time: 20
- Cooking time: 5
- Serves: 4
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup currants
- 2 carrots, shredded or coarsely grated
- ⅓ spring onion, sliced diagonally
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbs salad seeds (mix of sesame and sunflower seeds), toasted
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan, over medium heat. Add cumin, chickpeas and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine orange juice and currants in a tea-cup. Microwave for 1 minute until hot. Drain, reserve orange juice. Combine currants, chickpea mixture, carrots, onion, spinach and coriander in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, combine tahini and reserved orange juice in a small bowl. Season to taste. Whisk to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with salad seeds and serve.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1250; Cal 299; Protein (g) 10; Fat (g) 20; Saturated fat (g) 3.0; Carbohydrate (g) 22; Sugars (g) 16; Sodium (mg) 360; Potassium (mg) 640; Calcium (mg) 160; Iron (mg) 5.0.