- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 16 slices
- 125g margarine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup currants
- ½ cup macadamia nut halves
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup macadamia nut halves, extra
- 3 tbsp strained, heated apricot jam, to serve
- Lightly grease and line a 20cm square cake tin. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Cream margarine, sugar and rind. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Add sifted flours, baking soda and mixed spice, stirring to combine. Stir through fruit, nuts and water.
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for 20 minutes. Arrange remaining nuts on top. Cover cake with foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow cake to cool in tin before turning onto a cooling rack. Glaze with apricot jam before serving.
Kilojoules 1100kJ, Calories 265 Cal, Protein 3g, Total fat 13g, Carbohydrate 31g, Sodium 30mg, Potassium 350mg, Calcium 30mg, Iron 1.4mg, Fibre 3g