- Preparation time: 4
- Cooking time: 8
- Serves: 2
- 2 cups So Good Lite soy milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch ground black pepper
- knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except honey and cinnamon, into a small saucepan and bring almost to boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in honey to dissolve.
- Strain, discarding ginger and cardamom pods, and serve hot in mugs with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
- Variation: Use other plant-based milks such as almond milk.
- Mix in a blender before serving to make it foamier.
- Try adding 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for a richer taste.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 680; Cal 163; Protein (g) 8; Fat (g) 5.0; Saturated fat (g) 1.0; Carbohydrate (g) 20; Sugars (g) 12; Fibre (g) 0; Sodium (mg) 159; Calcium (mg) 332; Iron (mg) 0.9