- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (salt reduced)
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 200g green paw paw, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup basil leaves, torn
- Heat oil in frypan, sauté onion and garlic until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine lime juice, salt, brown sugar, soy sauce and half the peanuts. Mix dressing with paw paw and carrot allowing the paw paw to soften.
- Mix half mint and basil into the onion mixture.
- To serve, place paw paw mix on a plate, top with the onion and herb mix, then remaining mint, basil and nuts.
Kilojoules 1345kJ, Calories 320 Cal, Protein 10g, Total fat 10g, Carbohydrate 47g, Sodium 210mg, Potassium 515mg, Calcium 144mg, Iron 2.2mg, Fibre 5g