- Preparation time: 5
- Cooking time: 15
- Serves: 4
- 250mL So Good Regular Soy Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs margarine
- 8 slices of wholegrain bread
- ½ cup soy yoghurt
- 2 cups diced seasonal fruit (eg banana, stone fruit, berries)
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- Use a fork to whisk milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Heat a little of the margarine in a large frypan over medium heat. Dip each slice of bread in milk mixture for 5-10 seconds each side. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve french toast topped with soy yoghurt and seasonal fruit. Drizzle over maple syrup.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 1680; Cal 400; Protein (g) 15.0; Fat (g) 11.0; Saturated fat (g) 2.0; Carbohydrate (g) 58.0; Sugars (g) 28.0; Fibre (g) 6.2; Sodium (mg) 410; Potassium (mg) 510; Calcium (mg) 223; Iron (mg) 2.4