- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cups chopped stir-fry vegetables
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- ½ tsp salt
- Heat oil in wok and saute garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Add vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Push vegetables to side of wok. Add egg and saute to cook. Mix through vegetables.
- Add cooked quinoa, Chinese five spice and salt. Saute until heated through.
- This is a refreshing variation to traditional fried rice. It uses quinoa instead of rice, and Chinese five spice instead of soy sauce. Omit egg for a vegan dish.
- Examples of vegetables for stir frying are carrot, capsicum, corn, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower and bok choy.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 413; Cal 98; Protein (g) 4.1; Fat (g) 4.1; Saturated fat (g) 0.6; Carbohydrate (g) 9.8; Sugars (g) 3.1; Fibre (g) 3.3; Sodium (mg) 272; Potassium (mg) 313; Calcium (mg) 65; Iron (mg) 1.9.