- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 8
- Serves: 18
- 3 Weet-Bix, finely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 18 milk or dark chocolate buttons
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two flat trays with baking paper.
- Beat margarine and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat again.
- Add flour and stir well, then fold through the crushed Weet-Bix™.
- Place rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading. Lightly press a wet finger into the centre of each biscuit, then place a chocolate button in the indentation.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for a minute before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- You can replace the dark chocolate buttons with milk or white chocolate, or fill the indentations with a spoonful of jam before baking.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 622; Cal 158; Protein (g) 2.2; Fat (g) 7.9; Saturated fat (g) 3.9; Carbohydrate (g) 20; Sugars (g) 11.8; Fibre (g) 0.7; Sodium (mg) 149; Potassium (mg) 64; Calcium (mg) 26; Iron (mg) 0.5.