- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 12
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated beetroot
- Place almond meal, cacao and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredient and fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a greased and line 15cm x 25cm loaf tin.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180°C, for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares.
- This cake is gluten free and an awesome moist brownie alternative
- Great served warm as a dessert
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 597; Cal 143; Protein (g) 3.6; Fat (g) 9.8; Saturated fat (g) 1.2; Carbohydrate (g) 10.0; Sugars (g) 9.4; Fibre (g) 1.8; Sodium (mg) 36; Potassium (mg) 177; Calcium (mg) 31; Iron (mg) 0.9.