- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 6
- 140 g chickpea flour (also called besan, gram or chana flour)
- 65 g wholemeal flour (extra for dusting)
- 1½ tbsp ground linseeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli, optional
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the flour, linseeds, salt, chilli and coriander to a bowl and gradually stir in about ½ cup water. When the mixture becomes sticky, knead lightly then form 6 balls.
- Dust your workbench and rolling pin with flour then roll each ball into a thin disc shape, approximately 15-cm in diameter. Add extra flour to the surface of each chapatti to prevent dough from sticking.
- Heat a non-stick pan then add the olive oil and reduce heat to medium.
- Place one chapatti in the pan and cook for 1½ minutes then flip to cook the other side for a further 2 minutes. Press down the chapatti while cooking to ensure both sides are evenly golden with brown spots. Remove the chapatti and place on a serving dish. Cover to keep warm. Repeat until all the chapatti has been cooked.
PER SERVE: Energy 514 kJ (123 cal). Fat 4 g. Protein 7 g. Saturated fat 0 g. Carbohydrate 11 g. Fibre 5 g. Cholesterol 0 mg. Calcium 25 mg. Iron 1.9 mg. Sodium 224 mg.