- Preparation time: 20
- Cooking time: 30
- Serves: 4-6
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
- pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground turmeric or 2cm piece of fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups (1 l) So Good™ Unsweetened Almond milk
- Greek yoghurt, fresh parsley leaves and chopped pistachios, sumac or chia seeds.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, celery, carrots and cauliflower until tender but not browned.
- Add the nutmeg, turmeric and So Good™ Unsweetened Almond milk. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer gently until carrots are tender, about 30 minutes. Do not allow the mix to boil rapidly.
- When vegetables are tender, allow to cool a little then puree in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return to a clean soup pan and season to taste. Reheat on a low heat.
- Serve hot and garnished with a spoonful of yoghurt, sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley and chopped pistachios, sumac or chia seeds.
- You can use any root vegetables like parsnips, turnips or beetroot instead of carrots.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 521; Cal 125; Protein (g) 4.0; Fat (g) 8.0; Saturated fat (g) 1.0; Carbohydrate (g) 10; Sugars (g) 8.0; Fibre (g) 6.1; Sodium (mg) 147