- Preparation time: 8 minutes
- Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 30g margarine
- 8 slices fruit bread (toast thickness)
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh dates, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Vanilla flavoured Sanitarium So Good
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Spread margarine on both sides of bread and cut off crusts. Cut bread slices in half.
- Place one layer of bread in a 20cm base, square, ovenproof dish and arrange half banana over the top.
- Sprinkle with dates. Repeat layer of bread and banana
- Combine So Good, eggs and cinnamon in a jug.
- Pour milk mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 1800C, for 45-50 minutes. Serve with grilled pineapple.
Kilojoules 1345kJ, Calories 320 Cal, Protein 10g, Total fat 10g, Carbohydrate 47g, Sodium 210mg, Potassium 515mg, Calcium 144mg, Iron 2.2mg, Fibre 5g