- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 red capsicums, roasted and skin removed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Place whole capsicums in a hot oven (200°C) and roast until well charred. Remove from oven and place in a paper bag to cool. Remove skin and seeds.
- Heat oil in a frypan and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add chilli.
- Place walnuts in a food processor and process until fine. Add onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Process until smooth and serve.
1278kJ (306cal). Protein 8g. Fat 6g. Carbohydrate 53g. Sodium 13mg. Potassium 456mg. Calcium 42mg. Iron 2.2mg. Fibre 9g.