- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 20
- Serves: 4
- 8 baby beetroot (or 4 medium beetroot)
- 400g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 100g rocket leaves
- 60g low-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook beetroot in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and peel while still warm, then cut into quarters.
- Place butter beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and thyme in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until warmed through.
- To serve, divide beetroot, spinach and rocket among four plates. Pour the warm bean mixture over the top and garnish with feta cheese and serve.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, run under cold water while removing the skin; this not only helps the skin to peel away easily, but keeps your hands free from beetroot stains too!
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 685; Cal 164; Protein (g) 9.0; Fat (g) 7.0; Saturated fat (g) 2.0; Carbohydrate (g) 11; Sugars (g) 10; Fibre (g) 7.7; Sodium (mg) 550; Potassium (mg) 600; Calcium (mg) 145; Iron (mg) 2.2