- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 20
- Serves: 6
- 1 litre water
- 10g gluten free vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 1 cup buckwheat kernels
- 2 bunches continental parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Place water in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Add the stock cube and the buckwheat and simmer for 20 minutes or until buckwheat is tender. Drain and discard the stock. Transfer the buckwheat to a large salad bowl.
- Add parsley, semi-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic to the buckwheat. Toss to combine and serve.
- Buckwheat can be bought as whole kernels, flour, or groats (crushed kernel pieces) from most supermarkets and health food stores.
- Remember to always check the label of each ingredient to ensure it is gluten free.
PER SERVE: Energy (kJ) 693; Cal 166; Protein (g) 6.0; Fat (g) 7.0; Saturated fat (g) 1.0; Carbohydrate (g) 16; Sugars (g) 9.0; Fibre (g) 6.2; Sodium (mg) 71; Potassium (mg) 1082; Calcium (mg) 48; Iron (mg) 2.9.