- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 beetroots, trimmed, washed and halved
- 1 ½ cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced vegetable stock
- Microwave beetroots on high for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Slip the beetroots out of their skins and roughly chop.
- Place the beetroots and all other ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve as a dip with toasted turkish bread and fresh vegetables.
360 kilojoules (85 calories); Protein 4g; Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 0.4g; Carbohydrate 9g; Total Sugars 3g; Sodium 220mg; Potassium 160mg; Calcium 40mg; Iron 1.3mg; Fibre 3g.