- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 0
- Serves: 8
- 500 g boiled beetroot, peeled and drained, dabbed dry with paper towel
- 100 g low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 very small clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp jarred grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Purée beets in a food processor, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the yoghurt, garlic, horseradish and olive oil. Store in the fridge for up to a week. The dip will stiffen up during storage. Makes 2¼ cups.
- You can used pre-cooked baby beets out of jars or vacuum-packs.
- For an alternative, swap the horseradish with some wasabi or grated ginger.
- Try swirling through finely chopped fresh dill.
Energy 160 kJ (38 cal); Protein 2 g; Fat 0 g; Saturated fat 0 g; Cholesterol 1 mg; Carbohydrate 6 g; Fibre 2 g; Calcium 24 mg; Iron 0.5 mg; Sodium 58 mg.