- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Serves: 6
- 6 large green apples, washed and cored
- 2 tbsp almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
- 4 dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¾ cup apricot nectar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cut a slit around the middle of each apple like a ring to prevent it from exploding as it cooks.
- Combine almonds, chia seeds, apricots and cinnamon and mix through the honey.
- Fill the hollowed centre of each apple with the mixture and press down firmly.
- Place the apples in a baking dish, adding the nectar to the bottom of the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes until the apples are lightly browned but still retain their shape. Serve hot, drizzling the apples with the reduced sauce from the baking dish or chill and enjoy the next day as a cold dessert or snack. Top with a dollop of low fat yogurt or cashew nut cream.
PER SERVE: Energy 639 kJ (153 cal). Fat 3 g. Protein 2 g. Saturated fat 0 g. Carbohydrate 30 g. Fibre 5 g. Cholesterol 0 mg. Calcium 37 mg. Iron 1 mg.