- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 400g small new potatoes, washed 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 150g green beans, trimmed 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed and chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 50 g rocket or baby spinach leaves 2 tbsp slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain, rinse in cold water and set aside to cool. Thickly slice potatoes.
- Cook asparagus and beans in a frying pan of simmering water for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh in cold water. Pat vegetables dry with paper towel. Dry the pan.
- Heat oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Add capers and garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice, parsley and chives.
- Mix 3⁄4 of the warm lemon dressing with hot potatoes, then add asparagus, beans and rocket or spinach. Serve on a large platter (or serving plates). Drizzle the remaining dressing over the top and sprinkle with slivered almonds and serve.
850kJ (205cal); Protein 6g; Total Fat 12g; Saturated Fat 1g; Carbohydrate 15g; Total Sugars 2g; Sodium 35mg; Potassium 845mg; Calcium 70mg; Iron 2.3mg; Fibre 4g.